Zirkonium Oxide ZiO2 like Zeno, Cercon, Lawa, Everest or Cerec.
Extremely Robust and Durable
There is a clear international trend to metal-free solutions. Disorders caused by allergic reactions, and also the insights of holistic medicine, necessitate the use of non-allergenic restorations.
The old prejudice "ceramics show inadequate strength values", and therefore poor durability, is no longer justifiable, due to the use of CAD/CAM technology. The industrially produced framework ceramics available today exceed metals in physical properties.
Zirconium oxide, one of the most important ceramic materials, has been used for artificial hip or knee joints in human medicine for many years. In this field of application, the material has really proven its worth, thanks to its extreme durability and excellent biocompatibility.
Zirconium oxide has a crack-inhibiting structure. The tensile load occurring in cracks is transformed into compressive stress, which counteracts the crack and cannot expand any further. This is referred to as "self-healing". The transformation reinforcement is the reason for high strength, toughness and excellent long-term stability.
Advantages of All-Ceramic Restorations:
- 100% metal-free, biocompatible, all-ceramic zirconium oxide restorations.
- Dentists do not have to readjust to a new technique.
- Excellent physical and mechanical properties. Zirconium oxide surpasses e.g. the still-widespread aluminium oxide ceramics in every aspect. Hence, even long-span posterior bridge frameworks are possible. In terms of aesthetics and biocompatibility, all-ceramic restorations have indisputable advantages, e.g.:
- No interactions with other dental materials.
- Insulating behaviour with regard to cold and heat stimuli.
- Nearly perfect imitation of natural teeth.
- No discoloration along the gumline.
- For high-allergy-risk patients
- Wide-span bridges
- Suprastructures on implants
- For high aesthetic demands